Sunday, September 28, 2008

Memo to Cupid...

Well if I plan to hold any interest in readers I suppose I should keep my topics interesting to my audience. I suppose that something that young adults would be interested in would be relationships with the opposite sex. Well since I'm going into some rather personal territory, I might as well open up with my own story.

I have known all my life that I am a hopeless romantic with particular emphasis on "hopeless". For the greater portion of my life, I remained rather ignorant of the subtle nuances of relationships as I was considered a bit of a social leper for quite a long time. When I got to high school it didn't get much easier but I was able to find a circle of friends who were able to educate me in the rough terrain of adolescence without guiding me by the hand as that was my responsibility. I remained single as I simply didn't see the point in complicating my life further than it was. From what I gathered watching budding relationships as they bloomed and either withered or struggled to survive, I figured that though I never experienced the heights of joy enjoyed by those around me, I was able to take time for myself to savour the little solitary joys as well as those I shared with my friends.

However, in the time that I spent in Alberta coming to grips with adulthood, I finally feel that I have the mature mentality needed to cope with the strains of a loving relationship though I am still not quite ready to support a family which is ultimately the point; in short, I am ready to date. Some may snicker as they read this (yeah I can hear you) but I don't give a fig because as far as I'm concerned, my ideas make sense and if you thought about them, they just might make sense to you too.

No comments: