Friday, November 28, 2008

I wish I could help

I really wish that I could help people.

I wish that I had answers to all their problems and that they could come to me, give me the scoop, and I would tell them what they need to do. I might use this power for personal gain if I had it but right now, all I want is to give people a hand. Some people's idea of help includes "quit whining" or "deal with it". They also want to give people solutions to their problems but they lack the verbal dexterity or the sensitivity to say it any other way.

Me on the other hand, I empathize with people (more than I should really) and I want them to feel better because when I meet someone who is having a right crappy day, I feel crappy too through osmosis. I will sometimes offer advice if I know enough about what is upsetting them and I try not to interfere if my meddling could cause more damage but it would seem that most people are very adept at keeping their problems from public display. I know that I don't want my dirty laundry hanging out for everyone to see, so to speak, so I want to make it clear that I understand.

I don't want it to sound as though I want to bear the burden of society like some superhero come from a comic book to end all war and strife. Each person has their own problems and I know from experience that people don't like it when you come in to their lives telling them that they should do what you did to get over it. I understand that the only time that you should give assistance is when someone comes to you for advice. This is also the reason that I hesitate from giving advice in the comments sections of people's blogs.

I suppose that the moral of this blog is that I need to stop feeling sorry for everyone and worry about my own life. I just have to be there for people who want help. It is not feasible for me to try to give advice to everybody so I shouldn't waste any more thought power on it. What I should do is get back to studying for my mid-term.

Well, thanks for listening (errr, reading anyway.)

No comments: