Thursday, October 16, 2008

Enjoy Responsibly

Firstly, let me say thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. I did find it rather enjoyable so all your wishing did not go to waste. I had a quiet day with the family watching a couple old movies and getting some reading done; I know most people would call that a boring birthday and all I can say is that they don't have to imitate me. I am a man of simple tastes and I prefer not to go overboard with my celebrations because when I do, I usually end up paying for it sooner or later.
Most people at this stage of life should know how to drink so I don't want to claim to be preaching to the choir but I believe this is one of the most valuable lessons of drinking; it's fun and it makes making friends a whole lot easier but taken too far drinking can cause you to say things you don't mean and make messes that reflect badly on yourself. Regardless of whether or not you remember the night before, the people you were drinking with will remember it. It takes a bit of practice but there is a safe zone between sociably intoxicated and bringing out "Mr. Hyde."

No comments: